Saturday, December 20, 2008

Emeryville's Response to Daniel M yeller at yelp.com

Daniel Daniel Daniel,
*How old is this dentist you are currently going to?
*Do you know what his educational background is?
*Have you read articles against silver, metal, black fillings and why some countries have banned and more are in the process of banning these ancient fillings?
*Do you know why some dentists still offer these black fillings to their patients?
*Do you know there's more research and more advancements being done with white fillings instead of silver fillings?
*Are you sure you heard right; silver fillings don't crack your teeth over time compared to white fillings? They won't crack? They don't expand?
*Did you know that white fillings are more biocompatible with your own teeth? and they last longer if placed properly?
*Either, you heard the opposite of what your current dentist said, or your dentist needs to go back to school, get up-to-date facts and learn about current information and review all the research findings.

*You found a great dentist who still believes in silver/ black / mercury fillings?

*You found a great dentist who did not find any cavities at all?
*You found a great dentist who didn't give you any bad news ?
*That's a great dentist?

Your insurance did not cover your white fillings. Some insurance companies consider that as beyond your basic coverage, and will only pay up to the cost of a silver filling.
*Does that mean that is the best for you just because your insurance does not want to pay for it?
*Also, if your insurance will only pay up to $500 a year, does that mean, you only need $500 dollars worth of work?
* So, no one (not even your employer, who paid for your insurance plan coverage) told you that your insurance has a maximum coverage that they will only cover per year, & that they rarely pay 100% of any work (those plans have disappeared a long time ago) , but will cover only a certain percentage (%).
*And no one told you what the total fees were and no one told you that what your insurance does not pay for, will be your responsibility to pay?
That is hard to believe.

Also, If your white filling was hurting your tooth after all those years and you never came back to have us look at it for free, is that suppose to be our fault?


Wow. ... (see other articles on http://www.wordpress.com/ search under emeryville dental care)
daniel m.
Emeryville, CA
1 star rating12/17/2008
I feel obligated to write a review because I want people to know that this place is not to be trusted. They said my insurance had "full coverage". After disusing in some detail what this actually meant I found out up to 500 or something like that. They say they only do the white type of fillings. They also said that my mouth had 5 some odd cavities. So I said I only wanted them to fix the major ones because I could only afford a few. I should have yelped, but this was years ago before I knew about this site.Being a very poor college student at the time they hit me with an enormous bill that I couldn't even afford. It was a different amount then I had originally thought it was. They fed me some BS about it not covering white fillings or something. Later when I found a great dentist through this site I found that I had 0 cavities! Also this dentist informed me that white fillings aren't necessarily the best option. In fact the white filling they gave me was hurting my tooth. The dentist shaved it down and let me know that often times white fillings produce gangrene underneath because they leave a gap inside. So consider this next time you get a filling. Its a trade off between looks and metal fillings which contain mercury, but last longer, wont crack and are more gentle on the teeth because they don't expand like the white filings.

No comments:

Post a Comment